Dr. Miriam A. Knoll, M.D. DABR is a board-certified radiation oncologist at Advanced Radiation Oncology Services at Montefiore Nyack Hospital in New York. Dr Knoll received her medical degree at New York University School of Medicine and completed her radiation oncology training at Mount Sinai Medical Center in N.Y. Before joining Dr. Gerstley at Advanced Radiation Oncology Services, she was a radiation oncologist at the John Theurer Cancer Center at Hackensack University Medical Center and also served as a Medical Director of the Department of Radiation Oncology at HackensackUMC Mountainside in New Jersey. Dr. Knoll has expertise in progressive radiation techniques including 3D-CRT, IMRT, IGRT, SRS/SRT, SBRT/SABR, radiosurgery, brachytherapy, and stereotactic radiation.
Dr. Knoll is a Forbes Healthcare contributor and writes for the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Connection and numerous other media outlets. She is an Associate Senior Editor of the American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Advances in Radiation Oncology. Dr. Knoll is President of the Jewish Orthodox Women’s Medical Association. She serves on the Communication Committees of ASCO, ASTRO, NRG Oncology and the American Brachytherapy Society and on ASTRO’s Committee for Health Equity Diversity and Inclusion. She is an international speaker and researcher, with expertise in cancer care, social media in medicine, and women in medicine. Dr. Knoll lives with her physician husband and sons in New York. You can follow her on Twitter @MKnoll_MD and on Instagram @Dr.Mimi.K.
- New York University School of Medicine, N.Y., N.Y., M.D. 2011
- City University of New York, Honors Academy, Brooklyn, N.Y.; Bachelor of Arts 2005, Summa Cum Laude
- Mount Sinai Medical Center, Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology (2012-2016)
- Mount SinaI Medical Center/ Englewood Hospital, Internship,Internal Medicine, (2011-2012)
- 2020- Present: Radiation Oncologist, Advanced Radiation Oncology Services of Rockland (Nyack, N.Y.)
- 2016-2020: Radiation Oncologist, John Theurer Cancer Center, Hackensack Meridian Health- Memorial Sloan Kettering Center Partnership, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, N.J.
- 2016-2019: Medical Director, Radiation Oncology, Hackensack Meridian Health Mountainside Medical Center
- Board Certified by the American Board of Radiology in Radiation Oncology
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS)
- Jewish Orthodox Women’s Medical Association (JOWMA)
- American Medical Association (AMA)