Dr. Margaret J. Torrey graduated Summa Cum Laude from the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn and was Chief Resident in Radiation Oncology at Stanford University Hospital in Stanford, California. Prior to joining Advanced ROS, she was an Assistant Professor at NYU-Tisch Medical Center in New York City.
Dr. Torrey received Stanford’s Malcolm A. Bagshaw Award, given to a resident physician who demonstrates “outstanding intellectual curiosity, scientific achievement, collegiality, investigative skills, personal warmth and exuberance for life”, and an American Cancer Society Clinical Oncology Fellowship in 1996. Earlier in her career, she worked as a microbiologist searching for novel drug agents and has numerous pharmaceutical patents and publications to her credit.
Articles by Dr. Torrey have appeared in the Journal of Clinical Oncology and the American Journal of Roentgenology. She has strong ties to the local community, having lived and worked in the area for over 20 years. She is Board Certified in Radiation Oncology and on staff at Montefiore Nyack Hospital.
- SUNY Health Science Center, Brooklyn, NY, Doctor of Medicine, Summa Cum Laude, 1992
- Penn State University, State College, PA, Bachelor of Science, Microbiology, 1981
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology (1993-96)
- Boston University, Internship, Internal Medicine, (1992-93)
- 2000-Present: Radiation Oncologist, Advanced Radiation Oncology Services of Rockland (Nyack, NY)
- 1998-2000: Radiation Oncologist, The Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ, and Catskill Radiation Oncology Consultants, Middletown, N.J
- 1996-98: Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology, NYU-Tisch Medical Center, New York, NY
- 1982-88: Microbiologist, Lederle Pharmaceuticals, Pearl River, NY
- American Board of Radiology in Radiation Oncology
American Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology (ASTRO)
American College of Radiology
New York Roentgen Society